Monday, 12 June 2017

Matins reading for Tuesdays throughout the year


The one reading for days throughout the year in summer in the Benedictine Office on Tuesday is Proverbs 3:19-20:

Dominus sapientia fundavit terram; stabilivit cælos prudentia. Sapientia illius eruperunt abyssi, et nubes rore concrescunt.
The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth, hath established the heavens by prudence. By his wisdom the depths have broken out, and the clouds grow thick with dew.

 The short responsory is as follows:

R: Deus, in nomine tuo * Salvum me fac
V: Et in misericordia tua libera me.
R: Salvum me fac
V: Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto
R: Deus, in nomine tuo * Salvum me fac
R: O God, by thy name * Save me
V: deliver me in thy justice.
R: Save me
V Glory be to the father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost
R: O God, by thy name * Save me

No comments:

Post a Comment