Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Reading and responsory for Wednesdays throughout the year


The one reading for Wednesdays in summer in the Benedictine office is from Wisdom 1:1-2:

Diligite justitiam, qui judicatis terram. Sentite de Domino in bonitate, et in simplicitate cordis quærite illum:quoniam invenitur ab his qui non tentant illum, apparet autem eis qui fidem habent in illum.
Love justice, you that are the judges of the earth. Think of the Lord in goodness, and seek him in simplicity of heart.For he is found by them that tempt him not: and he sheweth himself to them that have faith in him.

The short responsory is:

R: In te, Dómine, sperávi: * non confúndar in ætérnum.
V: In te...
R: In iustitia tua libera me et eripe me
V: Non confúndar in ætérnum.
R: Gloria Patri...
V: In te, Dómine, sperávi: non confúndar in ætérnum.
R: O Lord, in thee have I trusted :* let me never be confounded.
V: O Lord...
R: In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me.
V: Let me never be confounded.
R: Glory be...
V: O Lord, in thee have I trusted :* let me never be confounded.


No comments:

Post a Comment